Saturday, May 10

Philosophizing



Unfinished Philo
6 x 7"
aqua oil on wood

So this next painting I did yesterday, well last night. I found an old photo of a philodendron plant that I have owned for over twenty years. I have done many photos, drawings, and paintings of this particular plant and none of them have ever been successful. Funny that I love the plant so much, I mean not only for its value as a house plant but I still have an appetite to paint it! It is one of the most personality-ful philos I have ever known, and its negative shapes thrill me to pieces! Maybe if I keep trying, one of these days I will complete a painting of it that I like.

Compare this painting to the previous one, the hoya painting I don't like. This one has hope for me because I DO have passion for the plant and crave to paint its negative spaces. There is a problem set-up here with the colors - I just don't like the greens, and I am not sure if the blues in the background react with the philo like I want. I do like what is starting to happen between the edges of the plant and its negative spaces. I like the upside down "v" scratch that I left embedded in the surface of the wooden "canvas". But something about the painting is boring and needs something, maybe just something else or something more. You may see this painting finished tomorrow, or we may have ourselves another lesson learned. Haha!

Enjoy life! Tune into your passions and if they aren't harmful... go for it!

To Buy this painting @ Etsy !
NFS yet

No comments:

Post a Comment