Wednesday, May 21

Sallie's Kitchen #1


Sallie's Kitchen #1
7 x 6"
oil on wood

I missed Sallie so much I called her this morning. As we talked I painted and this is what I painted. Thing is, I painted the blue swimmies more like they really are on her wall. I hope it's ok, Sallie, cause I promised you I would not ever paint the swimmies for anyone else like I did for you. Well these are a little diff, does that make it ok? I think Sallie reads my blog. She told me she did.
Anway the art talk. You interested in hearing the art talk? OK, but it's not really artsy. I am just getting closer to being true to myself. Funny thing about being true to yourself, you have to learn how to tune in and listen. I'm not a good listener to anyone especially quiet people. And my true self is very quiet and shy from being ignored for so long. So I am learning to listen and this is what I am beginning to hear: "paint... paint swooshing sassily & tenderly around the edges of everything... juicy fruit dripping with paint... you can almost smell the red... patterns... patterns with messed up perfectness... messed up with smooshy paint on purpose... fat paint and fat pears... squiggles that pin everything down... flatness dancing with fatness... edges and middles... circles and spirals.

When you figure it out let me know. And tell me. Thanx, -s

PS. Join Twitter!

Buy Sallie's Kitchen #1 from @ Etsy
!

No comments:

Post a Comment