Wednesday, May 14



Mister Black with Red Dots
6 x 8"
aqua oil on wood

Another cat painting. The thing is, something in me feels bad for painting a cute painting. The other thing in me says, "but I WANTED TO!" and so I listen to the second one. What in the world am I talking about? If you went to art school in the '60s-'70s you know. It was not cool to make cute art. It was not cool to make any art that was not in some way ugly. I am not sure what is happening to me, except that I am beginning not to care what happens to me and to care more about what I happen to. Not that Mister Black paintings are my life mission or anything, but I have to do them right now. I know, I still sound like I am apologizing, well ok yeah, maybe, but I ain't deleting this painting, either! Something about it has to stay. Man I LOVE those red dots. They are crazy. I love Mister Black, too.

SOLD @ Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment