Thursday, May 22

Blue Pear & Windmills






















Blue Pear
7 x 6"
oil on wood


I went to my Alexander Lesson this morning. Karen thinks I am being gooey when I rave over how she helps me. So far I hold to my stance that I mean every single wingle drop of gooful praise I lavish upon her. Seriously, I don't think I would be painting or blogging so happily & freely without what she has done for me. Today walking out of her "office" I felt like waving Tibetian prayer flags in celebration of the mind-trans-body learning that took place on her table. I have been unable to put into words something that has been concerning me for quite awhile. It has been concerning me on such a deep level that it has not even been formulated into words yet. And so foggy I almost didn't even realize it was a concern. Somehow Karen pulled it out and put words to it.

Again, you ask, "What is the crazy red-headed artsiest talking about now?!!" I tend to be like a windmill. I have this knowledge that large body movements express something significant. And being a person who frequently feels large about things, I tend to wave my arms around a lot to make people understand. Well I realized that sometimes less is more. And that the windmilling my arms can be less expressive than getting in touch with what I really feel and allowing my extremities and my middleties and my innerties to express automatically as they are well-equipt to do. It occurs to me that it is kind of like the difference between your talking voice and a falsetto singing voice. I think I have made the assumption that windmilling my arms around will express a deep feeling better than just trusting that my body knows how to express what is going thru my mind.

Maybe my error in communication comes from thinking that nobody was paying attention to me growing up. So I talk louder, move more, dress louder, etc. to make sure everyone hears me as an adult.

What does this have to do with the Blue Pear painting? Umm well. I can't say directly but I feel like my paintings are beginning to open up. Or maybe that they are beginning to express what I mean to say in paint. They are at the same time getting looser and more on target, closer to my point. They are getting closer to being what I mean while helping me discover something never possessable or finite.

Enough blogg & goo! Go buy this awesome painting @ Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment