Thursday, May 8

Playing with Pyre!


Pyro Philo
6 x 7"
aqua oil on board


Last night I was talking to Jordan Hart, another artist friend and we were both exclaiming how powerful painting-a-day is, well for him, drawing-a-day. Makes me wonder if everything-a-day would be awesome. But if I did everything every day, then I might miss out on nap-a-day. Haha. If you take the naps away from a catnapper you have one tired kitty.
Anyway I think I have exhausted philodendrons for awhile. Just for awhile. I have always been fascinated with them. Tomorrow I think the cats will get their chance to pose for my brushes. I hope I can get them to nap entwined together - oh man what great negative space. But that is tomorrow or maybe tonight. Back to last night's painting, Pyro Philo.
It was late and the light in my office seemed dark and weird and I was tired. I thought the painting was awful when I went to bed and I lay there thinking I might have to quit the idea of trying to sell my painting-a-days. But when I woke up this morning I realized it just needed a bit of value stretching so I added just a few lighter & darker colors and now it makes me very happy.
I usually start with an underlying color that is the complimentary to the intended finish color but I liked the red/orange/yellows so much I didn't paint over them. It is kinda fiery though so I named it "Pyro Philo".

PS. I paint the edges of all these paintings. I have always messed with the edges of my paintings and they really look great unfram
ed or shadow-box framed. The edges are hard to get into photos. I will work on that and how to photo up close & get the detail, but not have the fish-eye lens affect which makes the paintings look bowed out on the four sides, which they are not.

Buy this painting @ Etsy !

No comments:

Post a Comment