Tuesday, May 20

Red Pear



Red Pear
5 x 6"
oil on wood

Missing my friend, Sallie. Several years ago I painted her kitchen in a pattern of swimming blue biomorphic shapes. Sallie loves blue and red and she still loves her blue kitchen. However she is selling the house because she is building a new house in the country. The realtor wants her to paint over the blue biomorphism but Sallie refuses. She says if the peeps who buy the house don't like the walls, they can repaint themselves. Every artist needs a dedicated fan friend like Sallie. I wish I could paint blue swimmies in her new kitchen but now I live too far away. Anyway I kept thinking of Sallie the whole time I was painting this. Maybe cause of the little blue swirlies and the bright red that always is Sallie in the middle of everything fun.

Buy this lovely red pear @ Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment