Saturday, August 2

Doing a Retake...


I am so jazzed! There have been all these discussions going on for some time and I have felt at a loss to express them in words, much less on our little blog here.

Since hanging the show at Night Sky, I have been redoing some of the paintings I have left here at home. It was hard to taking a chance at ruining them, but I am so glad I did.

Harry gives his input but I have to understand why before I make a move. And sometimes I decide not to follow. I think this is very important to remember where lies the center locus of control and creation.

Anyway Annette was over yesterday and dropped off some luscious Richard Diebenkorn books. Scumbling, surfaces, textures, history, colors, oh colors, overlapping colors... oh what joy! As I was loading photos of the B-Eyes & Red Chair, I realized two things:

1. When I was in NJ I noticed I had had my settings too low on my camera since May, so much of the textures and paint have been lost! This is the first painting with the higher settings and WOW..

Click on the images here to enlarge and look for yourself!

2. Looking at the detail shots, things that Annette, Harry and I have been talking about came together in a POUPH of epiphany! I felt like I was going back in time to my art student days when I did non-objective abstracts. These detail shots have a lot of the same qualities of the paintings I did back then. WOW SUPREME! It's all about layers and history and scumbling and surfaces and textures and colors, oh colors!

It's about edges and boundaries, too but we can talk about that later. If I go into that I will be here all day and never get to the painting I want to start!

Have a good Saturday and wish me luck... and joy, always joy!
Go shopping @ Etsy or...
NIGHT SKY just N. of Troy Downtown Square!
More Art Fun: Go See Old/New Painting Comparison Here

No comments:

Post a Comment