Saturday, August 9

Doin' the Hokey Pokey...













The Hokey Pokey... what if that IS what it's all about?


This is my quote for today. I happened to meet one of my favorite neighbors at the grocery store this afternoon and he is to thank for this quote. Actually I think his band mate, Linda made it up and printed it on band t-shirts! So today my plug is for my neighbor Smilin' Bill and his band Rum River Blend. WooHoo - go see em & have a rompin' good evening with the family! http://www.rumriverblend.com/

I like Bill because he always seems to be totally unstressed about life which is why I guess they call him "Smilin' Bill." Here in their photo he is the bass player on the right.

Smilin' & I had a little art talk standing there in the apple aisle about how painting is for the eyes and music is for the ears and both can be for the brain, however when I think of the hokey pokey, I think maybe it is time to turn off the brain and just enjoy life! Thank you Smilin' Bill for the inspiration!
PS. Annette emailed me a quote from the artist Squeak Carnwath, "good ideas are not made, they are stolen, " so goes the hokey pokey quote, eh? hehe.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/11/2008

    I'm not really familiar with blogging,but I just have to say thanks for all the kind things you said. RRB is so much fun to be a part of, and so is this community, and, now we have the Hokey Pokey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should just turn off the nightly news and do the Hokey Pokey, IMHO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/21/2008

    The man who wrote the Hokey Pokey died recently.
    It took 2 days for the funeral.
    They put his right leg in, and that is when all the trouble started.

    ReplyDelete