Wednesday, July 23

Finding The Happies

WIOW I love praise, don't you? Can't help it. When you do something you are nervous about and care so much about but worry it might be silly and no one will understand.... and then someone GETS IT!!! oh my! So I am sharing a letter I just received from a dear fan-customer-become-friend. She did what I hope others will do, which is find the secrets & the stories & the colors, and most of all the happies I tuck away into my paintings.

From Lori:

Oh....MY.....GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so blown away- I just was visited by Mr Fedex man and opened the package I think faster than I have ever opened a package and believe me I am good at it :-)
Anyway, I LOVE LOVE LOVE these paintings. The paint, the flow, the colors. And i love that in the one, I know there is Mr Black's lil (big?) footie, so I can tell a story when i show them off. I love that the black cat motif isn't obvious since I have the big black cat collection. You know like if I went and got curtains with cats. It would take me off into weird cat person land. But these are secret, which is cool. The real star is the technique and the colors and the composition. And the story Salsa tells is amazing.
I didn't realize how the green and cobalty blue were next to each other in the big Salsa painting- I love that combo, and so did my grandfather and my dad does too.And I love that purple around the flowerpot too. It does go with the red in my dining room for some reason. I can't figure it out. Except that i do really think that all colors do go together-like wildflowers do.
Monty looked right at the Salsa when I pointed to it. i am really going to try for a pic of him in front of Mr Black in front of the painitng of Mr Black. I am going to go vacuum in case of a photo op.
Thank you so much! Your work makes me happy and when February rolls around I am going to be sitting in front of your work like its one of those special light boxes. I hope that you aren't offended- its not like its cheesy happy, I don't like cloying cheesy happy. Its just that your brushwork and colors touch something for me.OK I am in gush territory.
I will end by saying I am serious about a canary painting and if you can work one of your fab ferns into it along with the cage bars that would be great. If not thats great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment