Tuesday, July 8

Harry's Upcoming Solo Exhibition... and happy pie!

My dear Bloggees I am sorry I have not been blogging or painting much either the past few days. I have been working on several things here at home, the most exciting is that Harry is having a Solo Exhibition at the Albany Museum of Art in Albany Georgia from Feb thru May of 2009.

Here is one of his latest paintings:



It will be a very large show and we are both already sort of nervous about it. [Shhhh don't tell anyone]

Also I have been reading about some different artists, mainly Wayne Thiebaud. Here is a photo of one of his pie paintings:

Look at how the paint IS the icing! I read a quote once that I now cannot find so I am really not quoting it exactly. He said something like he was raised middle class not in dire need of anything, no crises, nothing really bad in his life and so he paints about happy things. How rare! How delightful! Matisse was a "happy artist", too. I am out to find more of us.

Well that is it for today! If you find any other happy artists out there let me know. Now go spend all your money at my Etsy Store and we will all be really happy! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment