Friday, July 18

Painting Loose


Black Eyes with Ferns
12 x 12"
oil on canvas board

A big change from the last painting. An attempt to loosen up, take chances. I love the energy in this one. Love how the fern sort of shakes. Ferns are one of my favorite plants. They are so delicate and do seem to sort of tremble nervously when you get near them. My friend Sallie tells me to quit touching the ferns when we go plant shopping, but I never can help myself and I see them trembling as my hand approaches.



Annette came over last night and she and Harry and I talked art for hours. Oh my what fun. We talked about Thiebaud, Diebenkorn, and Anselm Keifer. About how you start a painting. About how, if your intent in painting is to create a search, how to continue searching thruout the entire painting. Harry says that if you find the objects too soon, the search is over & you might as well wrap up the painting or it will become stagnant.

So I think this painting is much fresher because I ended the painting when the search was over.

I will be interested to get the input of you, my beloved bloggees...






Blog with Suzy then Shop @Etsy!

2 comments:

  1. this is one that reminds me of my grandfathers brushwork. I would love to send a pic to you so you could ask the Hare if that is an apt comparison. Of course he can't disagree w/ me on that can he LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. email it and I will post here...
    xo

    ReplyDelete