Sunday, July 13

Take Two Peas and call me in the morning...


Two Peas with Tumbler
8 x 8"
oil on canvas

I never seem to loose the feeling for black-eyed peas. But the glass tumblers and reflective water were needing some study. And the Three Chairs Triptych was getting stiff-feeling so I took an inhibition pause and painted this one.

A fresh pick of peas. Two on an 8 x 8" canvas. Just enough to free up the brush and get the paint like icing again.

You can really see the tooth of the canvas on this one. But in a couple places the paint/icing is so thick you can't ; I think it's a nice variation.

Annette, Meggan, & I are planning to have a booth at the Taste of Troy festival Sept 20th. The theme will be "100 paintings for $100 [or under]". This seems like a good one for that. I think I will probably do more little canvases like this with the food theme. They seem to serve double duty as "freshers" and "object practice."

This idea gives me another one. They have the most wonderful desserts at Night Sky. Maybe I will try single servings of their cakes and pies.... oh my I am getting hungry. I'm going to eat. You may go shop @Etsy!

2 comments:

  1. "100 paintings for $100" makes me think each painting is worth $1. If that's the case I'll definitely be there :)

    On a more serious note. I am constantly amazed at everything that goes into a painting. I thought it was just "paint whatever you want" but apparently there are some very helpful guides that bring out "whatever you want" and speak to onlookers. Too crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Luke that is funny but I am glad you mentioned that - we probably should make our booth slogan clearer. Hmmm.
    And actually a lot of the Harry Rools are things he himself, Harry the Great figured out himself. One day if I ever put down my brushes long enough maybe I will make a book of them.
    xo dearly
    snooz

    ReplyDelete