Friday, June 27

Monsieur Noir Visits Giverny!


















Monsieur Noir avec Soleil Fleurs

8 x 8"
oil on canvas board


I painted this last week in honor of my Dad joining the blog and forgot to post it. Mister Black was delighted when I spoke his name in French but he was not so delighted when I told him I was going to paint him in Monet's gardens at Giverny. He hates to travel. But then he was happy again when I explained he didn't have to fly, I would just insert him into this photo I Googled of "soleil fleurs at Giverny". Being skittish as he was after hearing the words "flying" and "cut" and" paste," Monsier Noir was a bit hidey all day. So you will have to work a bit to find him in this painting.

And I am not really sure if these are sunflowers or just sunny flowers. Thank goodness this isn't a French lesson! So just enjoy the painting but you can't buy it @ Etsy. You can however buy something else! Oh and hurry, because it is all set I am having a show soon at Night Sky Coffee House in Troy, Ohio, and when peeps see the paintings in person they will all be sold, eh?! Hurry hurry hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment