Saturday, January 31

Valentine From Mama


WIP.
For now I call it
"Sanded Wall".
40x40"

This painting has been thru so much. [reminds me of me.] First it was a flower painting, then a dark tar non-objective, then all the colors all over the place, now sanded and the various layers show thru.

The pink one is finished. I know because it told me some things. When a painting can talk and tell you things you didn't know before, it is done.

Rose Mama
24x24"

My mother loved Valentines Day. It always creeped me out every year she would send me a valentine saying "Be Mine" or something ikky. Now that she is gone I miss getting the ikky pink hearts, so I guess I made one for myself. It is hard for me to look at it for long. I feel like I am seeing into something I shouldn't be seeing. It is so my mother. But shhh don't tell anyone, I think it is so me, too.

If you are brave, click to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment