Wednesday, January 28

I'm coloring & I can't stop!!!



As you can tell from my Tweets it snowed here quite a bit more than usual. If I hadn't shoveled my porch before I went to bed at 2am, I would not have been able to open my door when I awoke [at 10].

I love the snow because of the way it reflects light and plays with colors. I have been especially absorbed with painting the past week or so and come upon some realizations that have simplified and freed up my paintings. I just love to color. Haha! See? Simple as snow!

Here are some photos I took real quick with my cell phone last night before I dragged myself to bed. In the 2nd one you can see how I have begun placing canvases on the floor at the foot of my work tables. As I work on a painting on the table top, paint inadvertently drips or splatters onto the canvas on the floor. I am trying this because... well you should see my floor; it is more gorgeous than any of my paintings. Come visit! OH, wait till I plow the path to the studio again!

Hey if anyone makes any snowmen, please send me photos. Maybe I will have a contest. Yeah that's a great idea. Email me your snowman photos and I will award a wee prize to my fav snowman!
WooHoo!
snowmancontest@suzanneally.com

No comments:

Post a Comment