Saturday, September 6

What's up in the Studio Now?






CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE!
The hammering noises have stopped and now just tickled laffing. What's up? I got the first few coats of texture on a big batch of canvases and beginning to add little finds, dry pigment, wet pigment, photo transfers, and other little deliciouses that carry a beat and hint at rhythms of language. I am building up the thickness a lot more than I ever have before and really sinking the finds deep - some are like the tip of an iceberg - you just know something big is under there but you only see the innocent little top. Into several of them I have embedded smooth round crystal beads & I am really excited to see how they turn out. I bury them now and when it comes to buffing time will sort of mine them back up to the surface. This is too much like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment