Wednesday, October 15

It's the Same Old Story


It's the Same Old Story in Light Greens
22 x 22 x 1.5"
mixed media on wood panel
[click to see enlarged image]

My grandmother was the picture-taker in our family. We made fun of her incessantly. Surely there is not one of us that does not now feel guilty as we enjoy the plethora of family films she left behind. Nanny used to always spend so much time documenting our lives that we joked that she missed out living her own. When life dishes out goodie upon goodie, I am so busy living the goodies, I can't get time to blog about it. Thus you have as close to an excuse for not hearing from me as I hope I ever give you.

Harry went back to Ga after a blissful artful week. I did manage to film him a couple times with some of his juicy art talk before he demanded I turn off that stoopid camera. [pout] Yes, I will post the little gems in a bit.

Annette, Harry & I had a couple of super juicers. Just stellar material. I think Annette got jazzed and I know I did. I feel like I shed several pounds of shoulds during the process. Harry gave me his coveted "That's a good one, dear," on one of my paintings right before he left. Then after I coated it with glaze, the bright pink pastel chalk marks jumped too much up through the other layers of colors and ruined it. waaaaaaaaaa. I finished the above painting just this morning and like it even better than the "That's a good one, dear." Don't know what Harry would say but am learning to value what I SAY.

Never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to cut thru my own crap to what I really like. What I really want to paint. The biggest enemies are the thoughts, "Suzy, you have to make it interesting, What you have is not enough, Put on more to make people notice." The hardest thing is to just paint what I want to paint and not fear rejection.

There are some background meanings to the titles but maybe I will blog about those later. Just enjoy this one for now.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment