Friday, September 12

Diary Page July '06

Diary Page July '06
12 x 12 x 1.5"
mixed media on canvas & wood
[name changed to Rose Lithostone]

Click image to enlarge!

These little duckies are giving me a new blog issue to deal with. I work with several at a time bringing them up thru the process and they hatch each in their own time yet usually within a day or two of each other. So several days may go by as I bring a batch up thru the processes, then POOF! they are all hatching! I really don't want to sit here and upload all those photos - I'd be here all day! What to do?!

I will try to get the latest chickadees posted intermittently. This particular one has a very personal feeling. Maybe because of the delicate light warm pinks. And pink quartz crystals represent love, emotions, and the heart. The embedded thing on the top right is a little find I picked up off of Harry's studio floor. Our son Mikhail used to wander around our large woodsy yard and collect strange little rocks and organic growths, fascinating little pebbly knotty pods; now I remind myself of him as I go fossil hunting on Harry's studio floor.

As I turned the corner from my bright summer story paintings with Mister Black, into muted tones of fall, my paintings seem to be going inward where there is less narrative story and more abstract other-sensed story. I am reminded of Harry's conversation with Larry when Hare explained that the difference between realistic art and abstract art is like the difference between music with words and music without words. You can tune into the music via your ears and get a feeling from it. So with abstract art you can tune in with your eyes and pick up on the feeling.

Harry also says there is a language of art to be learned. Being a very emotional person, I sometimes find it hard to put my feelings into words. Sometimes when I am really in the alpha zone in the studio I feel I am able to express my feelings in this language of art. This is one of those paintings that really happened that way for me. Do you get it?

Dnagg it, my comment button is still broken. email your comments to me and I'll post them.
s@suzanneally.com
xo
s

No comments:

Post a Comment